Terms and Conditions
Welcome to www.ethniccode.com! In using www.ethniccode.com (“services” or “our services”) you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions listed below.
"You" and "your" refer to you, as a user of the Site.
A "user" is someone who accesses, browses, crawls, scrapes, or in any way uses the Site.
By using our services, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service between you and www.ethniccode.com (“we”, “our” and “us”) (these “Terms”).
Changes to the Terms of Service
We may modify the Terms from time to time. The most current version of these Terms will be located here. You understand and agree that your access to or use of the service is governed by the Terms effective at the time of your access to or use of the Service. If we make material changes to these Terms, we will notify you by email or by posting a notice on the Service prior to the effective date of the changes. We will also indicate at the top of this page the date that revisions were last made. You should revisit these Terms on a regular basis as revised versions will be binding on you. Any such modification will be effective upon our posting of new Terms. You understand and agree that your continued access to or use of the Service after the effective date of modifications to the Terms indicates your acceptance of the modifications.
We may translate these Terms into other languages for your convenience. Nevertheless, the English version governs your relationship with www.ethniccode.com, and any inconsistencies among the different versions will be resolved in favor of the English version.
By using this service you agree to the terms and conditions as stated in this document. Services shall be used in this document to refer to the site directly instead of www.ethniccode.com.
2. Using the Services
To access or use the services, you must be 18 years or older and have the requisite power and authority to enter into these Terms. You may not access or use the Services if you are a competitor of ours or if we have previously banned you from the site or closed your account.
Permission to use www.ethniccode.com
We grant you permission to use the site subject to the restrictions in these Terms. Your use of the services is at your own risk, including the risk that you might be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate.
The Site may be modified, updated, interrupted, suspended or discontinued at any time without notice or liability.
3. User Accounts
You must create an account and provide certain information about yourself in order to use some of the features that are offered through the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password. You are also responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any or no reason.
4. Communication from www.ethniccode.com and other Users
By creating an account, you agree to receive certain communications in connection with our services. You may also receive our newsletter. You can opt-out of non-essential communication.
www.ethniccode.com and its licenses may publicly display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with Your Content. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
7. Proprietary Rights
You acknowledge and agree that www.ethniccode.com own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Services (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist, and that the services may contain information which may be of confidential nature to www.ethniccode.com and you have no right to disclose such information.
You cannot use any of www.ethniccode.com domain names and brand features without prior written consent from www.ethniccode.com.
You will not use any trade mark, service mark, trade name, logo of any company or organization in a method that is likely to cause or intends to cause confusion about ownership and authority.
8. Restrictions and Guidelines
We are under no obligation to enforce the Terms on your behalf against another user. While we encourage you to let us know if you believe another user has violated the Terms, we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action at our sole discretion.
a. You agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to use the Site to:
(i) Violate our Content Guidelines, for example, by writing a fake or defamatory review, trading reviews with other businesses, or compensating someone or being compensated to write or remove a review;
(ii) Violate any third party's rights, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
(iii) Threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination;
(iv) Promote a business or other commercial venture or event, or otherwise use the Site for commercial purposes, except in connection with a Business Account and as expressly permitted by www.ethniccode.com;
(v) Send bulk emails, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not; engage in keyword spamming, or otherwise attempt to manipulate the App's search results or any third party website;
b. You also agree not, will not assist, encourage, or enable others to:
(i) Violate the Terms;
(ii) Modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Site or Site Content (other than Your Content), except as expressly authorized by www.ethniccode.com;
(iii) Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the Site or any Site Content;
(iv) Reverse engineer any portion of the Site;
(v) Remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any portion of the Site or on any materials printed or copied from the Site;
(vi) Record, process, or mine information about other users;
(vii) Access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of business reviews;
(viii) Reformat or frame any portion of the Site;
(ix) Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Site's technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the Site;
(x) Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means;
(xi) Use the Site or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, "Viruses");
(xii) Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site;
(xiii) Use the Site to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Site or Site Content; or
(xiv) Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.
The restrictions above only apply to the extent permissible under applicable law. Nevertheless, you agree not to act contrary to them (even if permissible under applicable law) without providing 30 days' prior written notice to us here, together with any information that we may reasonably require to give us an opportunity to provide alternative remedies or otherwise accommodate you at our sole discretion.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold www.ethniccode.com, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them (collectively, the " www.ethniccode.com ") harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party arising out of or relating to (i) your access to or use of the Site, (ii) your violation of the Terms, (iii) any products or services purchased or obtained by you in connection with the Site, or (iv) the infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. www.ethniccode.com reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any such matter without the prior written consent of www.ethniccode.com. www.ethniccode.com will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
10. Exclusion Of Warranties
Nothing in these terms, including sections 9, 10 and 11, shall exclude or limit www.ethniccode.com warranty or liability for losses which may not be lawfully excluded or limited by applicable law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or conditions or the limitation or exclusion of liability for loss or damage caused by negligence, breach of contract or breach of implied terms, or incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, only the limitations which are lawful in your jurisdiction will apply to you and our liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You expressly understand and agree that your use of the services is at your sole risk and that the services are provided "as is" and "as available".
Unless you have been expressly authorized to do so in writing by www.ethniccode.com, you agree that in using the Services, you will not use any trade mark, service mark, trade name, logo of any company or organization in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
- Your use of the services will meet your requirements,
- Your use of the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error,
- Any information obtained by you as a result of your use of the services will be accurate or reliable, and
- That defects in the operation or functionality of any software provided to you as part of the services will be corrected.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the services is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other device or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from www.ethniccode.com or through or from the services shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms.
11. Limitation of Liability
Subject to overall provision paraphrased above, you expressly understand and agree that www.ethniccode.com, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its licensors shall not be liable to you for:
Any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability.. this shall include, but not be limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation, any loss of data suffered, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or other intangible loss
Any loss or damage which may be incurred by you, including but not limited to loss or damage as a result of
Any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, or as a result of any relationship or transaction between you and any advertiser or sponsor whose advertising appears on the services
The deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through your use of the services
Your failure to provide www.ethniccode.com with accurate account information
Your failure to keep your password or account details secure and confidential
The limitations on www.ethniccode.com liability to you in paragraph 11 above shall apply whether or not www.ethniccode.com has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising.
12. Third Parties
The Site may include links to other websites or applications (each, a "Third Party Site"). We do not control or endorse any Third Party Site. You agree that we are not responsible for the availability or contents of such Third Party Sites. Your use of Third Party Sites is at your own risk.
Some of the services made available through the Site may be subject to additional third party or open source licensing terms and disclosures, including the ones posted here and incorporated herein by reference.
13. Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
Please read this section carefully since it limits the liability of the www.ethniccode.com entities to you. Each of the subsections below only applies up to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. Nothing herein is intended to limit any rights you may have which may not be lawfully limited. If you are unsure about this or any other section of these terms, please consult with a legal professional prior to accessing or using the site. By accessing or using the site, you represent that you have read, understood, and agree to these terms, including this section. You are giving up substantial legal rights by agreeing to these terms.
1. The site is made available to you on an "as is", "with all faults" and "as available" basis, with the express understanding that the www.ethniccode.com entities may not monitor, control, or vet user content. As such, your use of the site is at your own discretion and risk. The www.ethniccode.com entities make no claims or promises about the quality, accuracy, or reliability of the site, its safety or security, or the site content. Accordingly, the www.ethniccode.com entities are not liable to you for any loss or damage that might arise, for example, from the site's inoperability, unavailability or security vulnerabilities or from your reliance on the quality, accuracy, or reliability of the business listings, ratings, reviews (including their content, order, and display), or metrics found on, used on, or made available through the site.
2. The www.ethniccode.com entities make no claims or promises with respect to any third party, such as the businesses or advertisers listed on the site or the site's users. Accordingly, the www.ethniccode.com entities are not liable to you for any loss or damage that might arise from their actions or omissions, including, for example, if another user or business misuses your content, identity or personal information, or if you have a negative experience with one of the businesses or advertisers listed or featured on the site. Your purchase and use of products or services offered by third parties through the site is at your own discretion and risk.
3. The www.ethniccode.com entities expressly disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including warranties as to the products or services offered by businesses listed on the site, and implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. No oral or written information or advice provided to you by a representative of one of the www.ethniccode.com entities shall create a representation or warranty.
4. Your sole and exclusive right and remedy in case of dissatisfaction with the site, related services, or any other grievance shall be your termination and discontinuation of access to, or use of the site.
5. The www.ethniccode.com entities disclaim liability for any (i) indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, reliance, or consequential damages, (ii) loss of profits, (iii) business interruption, (iv) reputational harm, or (v) loss of information or data.
14. Pricing Information
While www.ethniccode.com strives to provide accurate product and pricing information, pricing or typographical errors may occur, we cannot confirm the price of a product until after you order. In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or product information, we shall have the right at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any orders placed for that product, unless the product has already been dispatched.
15. Cancellation by www.ethniccode.com
Please note that there may be certain orders that we are unable to accept and must cancel. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to refuse or cancel any order for any reason. Some situations that may result in your order being canceled include limitations on quantities available for purchase inaccuracies or errors in product or pricing information, or problems identified by our credit and fraud avoidance department. We may also require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. We will contact you if all or any portion of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to accept your order. If your order is cancelled after your credit card has been charged the said amount will be reversed back in your in your Card Account. You agree not to dispute the decision made by www.ethniccode.com and accept www.ethniccode.com's decision.
16. Cancellation by You
We believe in a liberal cancellation policy. Under this policy cancellations will be considered at any point in time. Please contact us to cancel your orders at any point of time. No cancellations are entertained for those products that have been obtained on special occasions like Pongal, Diwali, Valentine’s Day etc. These are limited occasion offers and therefore cancellations are not possible.
17. Returns & Refund
www.ethniccode.com reserves the right to accept/refuse a return/refund. You agree not to dispute the decision made by www.ethniccode.com and accept www.ethniccode.com's decision.
18. Exactness not Guaranteed
www.ethniccode.com hereby disclaims any guarantees of exactness as to the finish and appearance of the final Product as ordered by the user. Colour of the product may vary slightly since the photographs displayed are professional in nature with additional lighting effects.
Title and risk of loss for all products ordered by you shall pass on to you upon www.ethniccode.com's shipment to the shipping carrier.
Choice of Law and Venue
The laws of India will govern these Terms, as well as any claim, cause of action or dispute that might arise between you and www.ethniccode.com (a "Claim"), without regard to conflict of law provisions. FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY EITHER PARTY, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT AND CONSENT TO THE PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION IN, AND THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF, CHENNAI HIGH COURT.
1. We reserve the right to modify, update, or discontinue the Site at our sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability.
2. We may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms by email, regular mail or communications through the Site.
3. Except as otherwise stated in Section 12 above, nothing herein is intended, nor will be deemed, to confer rights or remedies upon any third party.
4. The Terms contain the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site, and supersede any prior agreement between you and us on such subject matter. The parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representation made but not expressly contained in these Terms.
5. Any failure on www.ethniccode.com part to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
6. If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, then only that provision shall be modified to reflect the parties' intention or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
7. The Terms, and any rights or obligations hereunder, are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with www.ethniccode.com prior written consent, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction. Any attempted assignment by you shall violate these Terms and be void.
8. The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.